| For the Media: Factory Training
Uponor Announces Updated Factory Training Schedule for 2008
Dates for Uponor’s 2008 Factory Training Program are now available and ready for reservations. This year’s training plans to be as educational, engaging and informative as in years past. Read more...
To download a hi-res .tif file, click on the desired image and a zip archive
automatically downloads to your computer. Due to how various browers handle downloads, you may have to expand the zip archive manually.
The zip archive expands into a .tif file (6" wide x 4" high; 1800 x 1200 pixels; 300ppi; CMYK).
Attendees at a recent Uponor factory training session. Since 1993, more than 10,000 heating professionals have attended at least one training session at the company's Apple Valley, Minnesota, facility.
File Name: UP0844-Attendees_0246.tif
Uponor instructor Josh Schwaller (center) at a recent training session at Uponor headquarters in Apple Valley, Minnesota.
File Name: UP0844-JoshTraining.tif
continued from above...
Uponor is a pioneer in educating the trades in the art and science of designing and installing radiant systems. Since the inception of its popular factory training program in 1993, more than 10,000 heating professionals have attended at least one training session at its Apple Valley facility. In addition, Uponor representatives have offered onsite training to nearly 100,000 plumbing, heating and fire safety professionals.
For 2008, Uponor will continue to offer weekend and weekday training sessions. The schedule for the February-through-June classes is as follows:
- March 6-8: Advanced Radiant Design, Application and Operation
- March 26-28: Advanced Radiant Computer Design and Mechanical Piping (USDS)
- April 2-4: Advanced Radiant Design, Application and Operation
- May 8-10: Advanced Radiant Design, Application and Operation (full)
- May 12-14: Advanced Radiant Computer Design and Mechanical Piping (ADS)
- May 19-21: Advanced Radiant Controls and Electronics
- June 2-4: Advanced Radiant Computer Design and Mechanical Piping (USDS)
- June 9-11: Advanced Radiant Design, Application and Operation (full)
Uponor offers these exclusive classes for the latest in professional training and education for those interested in sharpening their skills in the radiant heating industry. Brief descriptions of the three courses follow:
- Advanced Radiant Design, Operation and Application develops an understanding of the key elements of radiant floor heating systems including delivery fundamentals, installation techniques, zoning and balancing and heat loss.
- Advanced Radiant Computer Design and Mechanical Piping educates students about the ADS software, boiler piping and circulator sizing or the Uponor USDS design program. (Attendees can sign up for either the ADS class or the USDS class.)
- Advanced Radiant Controls and Electronics focuses exclusively on controls, zoning and wiring.
“This year we plan to integrate the most current and essential radiant heating technology available,” says Mary Beth Manninen, training manager for Uponor North America. “We know our reputation for offering a high-quality, comprehensive radiant heating education, and we intend to continue that for 2008.”
This past fall, Uponor launched a continuing education program for building professionals with a series of webinars hosted by Robert Bean, a registered engineering technologist in construction engineering technology. The live webinar series was delivered to industry experts free of charge and covered various radiant heating topics specifically for architects and other design professionals. Attendees could even earn learning units toward professional development, as required by the American Institute of Architects (AIA) and other associations. Uponor is planning additional webinars in 2008.
For more information or to register for upcoming factory classes or AIA webinars, go to www.uponor-usa.com, click on For Professionals and select Training Center. For further assistance, e-mail email@example.com or contact Jodi Staub, training and technical product coordinator, at (800) 321-4739, ext. 5333.
Uponor is a leading supplier of PEX-a plumbing, fire safety and radiant heating and cooling systems for the residential and commercial building markets across North America and Europe. Uponor employs 4,100 people globally. Uponor OYJ is listed on the Nordic Exchange in Helsinki, Finland. Uponor Inc. is headquartered in Apple Valley, Minn.
For more information about Uponor, visit the Uponor media room at uponor.oreilly-depalma.com
For editorial assistance, contact John O’Reilly c/o O’Reilly/DePalma at (815) 469-9100, extension 302; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
© 2008 Uponor, Inc.
Back to top